ARLA/CLUSTER: HamRadioNow: Episode 200 released

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 29 de Abril de 2015 - 14:14:20 WEST

HamRadioNow: Episode 200 released

*Gary Pearce KN4AQ* presents the 200th episode of his popular Ham Radio Now
video show

His description of this edition reads:

Yay, 200. Another millstone episode. I mean MILEstone episode.

"BS" mean Bull Session, and it usually means at least two people.
Newsline's *Bill Pasternack WA6ITF* was going to join me, but he's had a
setback since returning from the hospital and wasn't up to it. So Bill will
be back on HamRadioNow as soon as he's doing better.

But the show must go on, right? So this is a solo effort, which means I'm
BSing myself, I guess. Won't be the first time. I spend an hour looking
some more at HR 1301 (the Amateur Radio Parity Act), and then the Media
Review. There are some really good ham radio media out there!

The 'good news' is that if Bill had been able to join me, we'd probably
STILL BE TALKING about this stuff. Feel better quick, Bill!

AND, as I mention at the end of the episode, HamRadioNow will be dark for a
few weeks, probably until the shows we make at Dayton. So don't fret, we'll
be back. Just taking some time off and I have some big projects to complete.

Watch HRN 200: BS#3 (Media Edition) on HamRadioNow

HRN 200 Links:

Ham Radio Now
http://HamRadioNow.tv/ <http://hamradionow.tv/>

WRTC 2014 documentary:
https://vimeo.com/119947598

Pop Mechanics article:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/a14410/why-you-should-learn-to-love-th-ham-radio/

Indian documentary "A Day in the Life of Ham"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on6KQX-FmCk

Ham operator causes outrage with 11 radio towers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk0po-fbccY

MTN 'Space' (African ISP's commercial): MTN 'Space':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxU1ZhINaHk

SKYWARN radio news story:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/04/13/ham-radio-operators-serve-as-eyes-on-the-ground-when-severe-weather-hits/