ARLA/CLUSTER: BBC World Service anuncia expansão da emissões em Onda Curta para o Nepal.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 29 de Abril de 2015 - 14:10:42 WEST

Infelizmente só quando "troveja" se lembram de Santa Barbara. Se não fosse
tão trágico até dava para rir....um dia talvez aprendam a lição que a dura
realidade lhes tem demonstrado. É um erro colossal, aquilo que várias
emissoras internacionais tem feito encerrando e algumas mesmo desmantelando
os centros emissores de onda curta.João Costa (CT1FBF)
******************************BBC WS uses Shortwave for Nepal broadcasts

The BBC World Service has announced an expansion of its shortwave radio
transmissions to earthquake hit Nepal

Service is now broadcasting additional programming on shortwave in both
Nepalese and in English.

BBC Media Action - the BBC's international development charity - is working
with the Nepali Service on BBC World Service (radio and online) and local
partner radio stations to broadcast ‘Lifeline’ programming.

Liliane Landor, Controller of World Service Languages, says: “Information
is vital and we are doing all we can to make sure that our audiences in the
affected areas receive their local and regional news as well as ‘Lifeline’
programming designed to give practical information to help deal with the
aftermath of the earthquake.â€

The availability of World Service English on short wave to Northern India
and Nepal has been extended with the service now starting one hour earlier
than normal at 23.00 GMT.

Frequencies and times are given at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/world-service-nepal

Thanks to *Mike Barraclough* of BDXC for spotting this item