ARLA/CLUSTER: Como escutar a ISS através da Internet por WebSDR’s espalhados pelo Mundo.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 15 de Abril de 2015 - 14:31:14 WEST

Using WebSDR’s worldwide for the ISS

*Martin Ehrenfried G8JNJ* describes how he uses WebSDR’s to listen to ISS
transmissions on 145.800 and 145.825 MHz. The SUWS SDR at Farnham can even
receive the 143.625 MHz ISS comms channel.

We were treated to more Slow Scan Television (SSTV) pictures from the
International Space Station (ISS) on the weekend of April 11/12.

During the Sunday evening passes a Cosmonaut suddenly decided to try some
ad-hoc voice contacts between SSTV transmissions. Quite a few other
stations were calling RS0ISS, but I didn’t hear any actual two-way
exchanges. I made a very late, hurried and half-hearted attempt to call
near the end of the pass, when my collinear antenna was most likely to be
effective, but the ISS was very quickly out of range.

I was also monitoring the Russian VHF-2 comms frequency 143.625 MHz FM on
the new extended 143 MHz band on the SUWS WebSDR in a second browser
window, and heard a very short transmission from a Cosmonaut near the end
of the UK pass. I suspect they were attempting to call Moscow as they
started to come into range.

When the ISS dropped out on the SUWS WebSDR, I swapped over to the Russian
http://sdr.22dx.ru/ WebSDR and heard some full contacts during a long pass
over the Russian mainland.

With the exception of Asia (Bangkok SDR seems to be very deaf) it’s now
possible to switch between WebSDR’s at different locations and catch just
about all Amateur transmissions from the ISS. In fact it’s possible to
set-up multiple browser tabs, one for each WebSDR and just leave them set
on 145.800 MHz FM with squelch enabled, so that voice or SSTV traffic can
be heard on each SDR in turn when the ISS passes into range.

SUWS WebSDR http://websdr.suws.org.uk/

A list of WebSDR URLs and Martin's audio recording are available at
http://amsat-uk.org/2015/04/14/using-websdrs-for-iss/