Re: ARLA/CLUSTER: APRS questão

Paulo Mendes ct2hqt gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 3 de Abril de 2015 - 04:43:17 WEST

Está aqui a explicação:

aprs.fi's Google Maps should be back soonish. I see the speculation for the
reasons is already getting on. :)

Google had noticed that aprs.fi has integrated support for OSM map tiles
*and* Street View. I hadn't noticed that the combination of Street View on
top of anything else than Google Maps is forbidden according to the Maps
API Terms Of Service document. Or I had just forgotten about it when
implementing OSM or Street View (there was probably a year or two of time
in between..).

They had sent me a few emails to warn about the unapproved configs,
starting on 5th of March. I had moved away from reading emails regularly in
Gmail a long while back, but forgotten to arrange for these emails from
Google APIs to go to my primary email address. Silly me.

Oh well. OSM support is disabled for now, and I notified Google that aprs.fi is
again compliant with the terms. Should be back soonish.

I might put OSM support back later, and remove Street View instead, as OSM
is probably more useful in practice at some areas (although admittedly less
visual and "cool"). Or maybe make some sort of arrangement where Street
View only works if you have Google Maps selected instead of OSM. Have to
check with the Google folks if that's OK.

No dia 2 de abril de 2015 às 21:21, Jorge Santos <j.santos  ct1jib.com>