ARLA/CLUSTER: Cathy Colless (M0RTW): Blogue de uma radioamadora como Oficial de Radiocomunicações numa base cientifica na Antarctica

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 8 de Setembro de 2014 - 11:55:51 WEST

Radio ham to head to Antarctica

In October radio amateur Cathy Colless M0RTW
will travel to Antarctica to take up the post of Radio Communications
Officer at the Rothera Research Station

Cathy has just started a blog that will detail her experiences in this
opportunity of a life-time, follow it at http://passyourmessage.com/

In 2013 Cathy took, and passed, all three amateur radio licence levels
in just 57 days with no prior amateur radio experience.

She did the Foundation course and exam with the Chelmsford Amateur
Radio Society (CARS) in October 2013, and whilst attending the CARS
Advanced course in November, took her Intermediate exam with the
Bromley and District Amateur Radio Society. With the Intermediate
successfully under her belt, she was able to sit the Advanced exam
session with CARS on December 6, 2013 and became the holder of M0RTW.

Cathy said: “The training team at CARS were consistently generous,
patient, friendly and knowledgeable. The training was well planned and
paced and very carefully prepared, and the team was very supportive,
with encouragement such as “we’ve all been where you are now… Don’t
worry, the penny will drop…don’t give up!” I owe the team at CARS a
big thank you for all their help and support.”

“The Advanced exam in December was tough and I was shocked when I
passed it (with merit to boot). It just goes to show what a good job
the CARS training team did.”

Clive Ward G1EUC

To find out more about amateur radio and the CARS training courses
speak to Clive G1EUC on
Tel: 01245-224577
Mob: 07860-418835
E-mail: training2014 at g0mwt.org.uk