ARLA/CLUSTER: JOTA 2014 desde VK7 (Austrália Ocidental)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 14 de Outubro de 2014 - 13:42:24 WEST

VK7 JOTA

Are you involved with JOTA or maybe would just like to make contact
with a JOTA station on the weekend of 18th and 19th of October?

WICEN South in VK7 will again be assisting the Huonville Scout group.

This year will see the JOTA station being moved from the usual land
based camp, to a maritime camp aboard the vessel Cartela, currently
moored in Franklin just south of Huonville.

The MV Cartela is the country’s oldest continuously licensed passenger
ferry and the only vessel still afloat that was called into service in
World War I.

She was 100 years old in 2012. The Cartela has a very long and colourful
history in Tasmania. However, we’re not aware of it ever being used for a
JOTA station. Hence the plan.

We will be operating maritime from 1200hrs Saturday till 1200hrs
Sunday on the 80, 40 & 20 metre bands as well as via IRLP & EchoLink.
Five of our Scouts are currently undergoing their “F-call” course and will
no-doubt be eager to make contact with you or your JOTA station.

We would encourage everyone to “Jump on board” Hi Hi, and make contact
with VK7WCN Maritime as well as all other JOTA stations around the
bands.

Your participation will be greatly appreciated by all.

Look forward to making the contact.

Further information can be obtain via email vk7fmrs[at]gmail.com

Nicole VK7FNJS