ARLA/CLUSTER: IARUMS Newsletter released

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 11 de Junho de 2014 - 12:13:57 WEST

3
<http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2014/june/iarums_newsletter_released.htm#>
The IARU Monitoring System (IARUMS) newsletter reports on success in
getting an Australian radar removed from the amateur radio 14 MHz band

The newsletter *Wolf Hadel DK2OM* says:

*On May 10th ZL1GWE and another friend informed me about a Superdarn Radar
on 14050 kHz. I checked the situation via remote Australia and indeed: It
was really a Superdarn Ionospheric Radar with a continuous transmission on
14050 kHz. Bearings were showing South Australia or South New Zealand. The
Radar is operated by the La Trobe University in Australia. So I informed
VK3MV, Peter, Coordinator IARUMS Region 3 and John, ZL1GWE. John informed
the La Trobe University, and Peter contacted the ACMA (Australian PTT). Two
days laterthe problem was solved, the Radar disappeared from 14050.*

The International Amateur Radio Union Monitoring System (IARUMS) Region 1
May 2014 newsletter can be read at
http://www.iarums-r1.org/iarums/news2014/news1405.pdf

Reports of Amateur Band intruders can be logged online at
http://peditio.net/intruder/bluechat.cgi

Monitor the short wave bands on-line with a web based SDR receiver at
http://www.websdr.org/

IARU Monitoring System (IARUMS)
http://www.iaru-r1.org/index.php?option=com_content
&view=category&layout=blog&id=39&Itemid=87