ARLA/CLUSTER: Comunidade local americana agradece aos radioamadores por ajudarem cidadão ferido numa zona sem cobertura de telemovel

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 24 de Julho de 2014 - 14:03:16 WEST

Hiker thankful for rescuers and ham radio operators

The Daily Camera reports that radio amateurs provided assistance to an
injured hiker in Boulder County

On Monday, July 21, Bill Eberle AB0MY worked with two other ham radio
operators to direct rescuers to the man's location in a part of
western Boulder County where cellphone service remains nonexistent.

Broomfield resident Michael Schuett was hiking with his fiancee, Mary
Gruda, just after noon Monday near the Fourth of July Campground, west
of Nederland, when he lost his footing while crossing a creek and
fell.

"I fell forward onto a boulder and cracked my head open," Schuett, 67,
said Tuesday afternoon as he sat in his home with a mild concussion
and 11 stitches in his forehead. "I totally lost consciousness. I was
lying face down in the water."

Read the full story at
http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_26198354/
boulder-county-hiker-thankful-rescuers-and-ham-radio