ARLA/CLUSTER: Recorde em 122 GHz a 132 km

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 18 de Julho de 2014 - 14:19:02 WEST

Ham radio 132 km contact at 122 GHz

*Rudi OE5VRL* has released a YouTube video showing a 122 GHz amateur radio
contact made over a 132 km path on October 19, 2013

We have started with 24 GHz to align the antennas both sides and have made
QSO´s on 47, 76 and 122 GHz. On 122 GHz we have used plain CW only, TX
Pout=1mW, RX-NF unknow, gain of 1,2m dish=60db.

Visibility was in the range of 250 km, we estimated a atmospheric loss of
0.28 db/km. Equipment was referenced to GPS which solved the frequency
problem.
TNX for watching, 73 de OE3WOG + Team

Watch 122 GHz Weltrekord - 132.06 km JN68WS14QP - JN67MR13BK
:www.youtube.com/embed/JlgoepVF43E?rel=0

The UK Microwave Group (UKuG) produce a newsletter Scatterpoint 10 times a
year and you can join via their website athttp://www.microwavers.org/
(Scatter Point is free to students under 21)

Back issues of UK Microwave Group newsletter Scatter Point
http://www.microwavers.org/indexs.htm