ARLA/CLUSTER: Jovem radioamador americano cria sistema de "backup" para comunicações de emergencia para bombeiros locais

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 9 de Julho de 2014 - 13:25:39 WEST

Everyday Hero: Teen creates backup emergency communications system for
local fire station

Florida's Bay News 9 reports on how an Eagle Scout project turned into
an Everyday Hero nomination for a Pinellas County teenager.

Parker Mitchell decided to create a backup communications system for
Palm Harbor Fire Station 35. The 18-year-old is a licensed amateur
radio operator.

“I decided since we have so many hurricanes in Florida, emergency
communications would be a really good thing to do it on,” Parker said.

Parker convinced people to donate the equipment needed, about $4,000
worth. And then he built the radio station. The teenager found a
vounteer to climb the fire station’s tower and install the antenna.

Read the full Bay News 9 report
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/
content/news/articles/bn9/2014/6/27/everyday_hero_ham_ra.html