ARLA/CLUSTER: Distribuição da rede de estações terrestres para comunicações com os CubeSat

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 21 de Fevereiro de 2014 - 12:56:04 WET

Distributed Ground Station Network For CubeSat Communications

Radio amateur Zachary J. Leffke KJ4QLP has written a Masters Thesis
which explores the concept of deploying a network of distributed
ground station receiver nodes for the purposes of increasing access
time to the spacecraft

This increases the potential amount of data that can be transferred
from orbit to the ground. The current trends in CubeSat communications
are being analyzed and an argument made in favor of transitioning to
more modern digital communications approaches for on orbit missions.
Finally, a candidate ground station receiver node design is presented
a possible design that could be used to deploy such a network.

The paper's acknowledgements read:

I would like to thank Dr. Robert W. McGwier N4HY for his steady
guidance in this work. His depth of experience in Amateur Radio
satellite communications and Software Defined Radio has been an
invaluable resource.

I would also like to thank the Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation,
commonly known as AMSAT. This collection of eclectic geniuses, that
build and launch satellites as part of a hobby, have been a steady
source of encouragement and technical savvy and are an excellent group
of role models that I am proud to be associated with.

Specifically, I would like to thank Douglas Quagliana KA2UPW and Joe
Fitzgerald KM1P from AMSAT for their specific words of encouragement
and genuine enthusiasm for this project. I hope the work presented
here can help further the mission of AMSAT.

I would also like to thank Howard Long G6LVB, the inventor of the
FunCube Dongle Pro Plus. Without this economic and brilliantly
designed device, the creation of the prototype presented in this work
would not have been possible.

Read the paper at http://t.co/yQx2O0PPUF

AMSAT-UK http://amsat-uk.org/