ARLA/CLUSTER: Resultados ao teste do transponder do nanosatelite Delfi-n3Xt

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 21 de Fevereiro de 2014 - 12:54:05 WET

Results of first Delfi-n3Xt transponder test

Jasper Bouwmeester PC4JB, has announced results of the first test of
the Delfi-n3Xt CubeSat 435/145 MHz linear transponder that were
carried out on February 20

Dear all,

Today we did a first transponder test. We could hear the beacon, but
unfortunately did not hear anything back from our calls. Also we were
missing the noise floor of the transponder band. Our hypothesis is
that our adjustable LO (Si570) which is mixed with the IF band could
not be programmed correctly and hence the pass-band goes outside our
filtered band (which is a good thing, because we do not want to
transmit on illegal frequencies). This LO is adjustable by I2C
communication and should be programmed each time at power up (so each
time the transponder mode is activated. We will do two attempts more
on Friday, February 20 at the morning ground passes and even if that
doesn’t help we will keep on trying with different settings. If the
situation changes I will update you again.

Best regards,

Jasper, PC4JB

IARU coordinated Delfi-n3Xt frequencies
• 145.870 MHz Telemetry