ARLA/CLUSTER: Cathy (M0RTW) - 3 niveis de licenciamento em 57 dias

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 17 de Fevereiro de 2014 - 12:59:26 WET

Fully licensed in 57 days

There’s little doubt that gaining the Full UK amateur radio licence is
a proud moment – and Cathy Colless has every reason to be very proud…
she took, and passed, all three licence levels in just 57 days… with
no prior amateur radio experience

Cathy M0RTW is currently a Senior Systems Architect at Anglia Ruskin
University, and as she was unable to find a course that fitted in with
her busy schedule in Cambridge, so she travelled to Essex each week to
attend training courses run by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society
(CARS).

Cathy passed her Foundation exam with CARS in October 2013, and whilst
attending the CARS advanced course in November, took her Intermediate
exam with the Bromley and District Amateur Radio Society.  With the
Intermediate successfully under her belt, she was able to sit the Full
exam session with CARS on the 6 December 2013. She’s now the proud
holder of a full UK licence.

“The training team at CARS were consistently generous, patient,
friendly and knowledgeable. The training was well planned and paced
and very carefully prepared, and the team was very supportive, with
encouragement such as “we’ve all been where you are now… Don’t worry,
the penny will drop… don’t give up!” I owe the team at CARS a big
thank you for all their help and support.”

“The Advanced exam in December was tough and I was shocked when I
passed it (with merit to boot). It just goes to show what a good job
the CARS training team did.”

Cathy is also a member of Essex Ham, the online community of amateur
radio operators in Essex and beyond:

“The Essex Ham site has been great for finding out how to get involved
with the community now that I have the licence. I am looking forward
to attending the Amateur Radio Skills nights this year, back at the
CARS training venue in Danbury.”

Cathy was keen to get her full licence so that she can operate from
outside the UK and better understand radio theory.

Keep an ear out for Cathy M0RTW, a success story for amateur radio
training in Essex, and possibly a record breaker too!

To find out more about amateur radio and the CARS training courses
speak to Clive G1EUC on
Tel: 01245-224577
Mob: 07860-418835
E-mail: training2014 at g0mwt.org.uk