ARLA/CLUSTER: Cross Country Wireless HF Upconverter released

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Domingo, 2 de Fevereiro de 2014 - 20:43:58 WET

*Cross Country Wireless* have just released a HF Upconverter. This will
allow HF or VHF SDR receivers such as the RTLSDR dongles, Funcube or our
own SDR-4+ receiver to work on HF, LF and VLF.

Unlike other upconverters currently available we have added the RF
protection features from our SDR-4+ receiver including an antenna isolation
transformer and RF over-power protection. This protects the SDR receiver or
dongle and the attached PC from damage caused by static electricity charges
on the antenna or nearby high power transmitters.

There are two versions of the Upconverter. One has a 125 MHz local
oscillator and the frequency range is 12 kHz to 45 MHz. This is intended
for use with the RTLSDR and Funcube dongles.

The other version has a 10 MHz local oscillator and is designed for use
with the SDR-4+. This has a frequency range of 12 kHz to 1.6 MHz.

More details of the Upconverter here:
http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/upconverter.html

There is a YouTube video of the Upconverter working with a SDR-4+ receiver
listening to LF and VLF signals on an 80m dipole.