ARLA/CLUSTER: A Standard for an SDR to External Programs Interface

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 8 de Novembro de 2013 - 10:26:24 WET

Recently I've had the pleasure of collaborating with Jonathan Naylor,
G4KLX on adding functionality for the CCW SDR-4+ receiver and the
Sentry SDR transceiver to his SDR program, UWSDR.

During the email discussions and software testing I raised the
possibility of using a TCP/IP connection to transfer the PTT
information between a datamode program and a SDR program.

Jonathan then suggested the use of UDP/IP and also suggested that the
audio connection between the two programs could also go over UDP/IP.

After a lot of thought he has come up with a proposed standard that
would allow authors of SDR and datamode programs to add a simple to
use audio and PTT interface.

I've posted his document "A Standard for an SDR to External Programs
Interface" on the CCW website:
http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/A%20Standard%20for
%20an%20SDR%20to%20External%20Programs%20Interface.pdf

We want to contact as many software authors as we can to give them
information on the standard so that it can be implemented on as many
ham radio programs as possible.

I've also suggested the CCW forum as a possible area for authors to
discuss the standard: