ARLA/CLUSTER: BBC World Service reduz as emissões em Onda Curta

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 26 de Março de 2013 - 13:27:44 WET

BBC World Service reduces shortwave broadcasts

A new schedule with reduced shortwave transmissions begins on the BBC
World Service on April 1, 2013

The BBC say the World Service English global schedule will be
simplified with fewer regional variations from Sunday March 31, 2013.

Shortwave and medium wave transmissions in English will be reduced to
a minimum of 6 hours in total each day.

Steve Titherington, Senior Commissioning Editor for BBC World Service,
said: “We know that increasing numbers of people are accessing World
Service on FM, online, and television.

For those who can’t access these platforms, we’ve tried to ensure that
they will continue to hear to the best the World Service has to offer
at times of the day when they are most likely to tune in.”

Read the full BBC announcement at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/ws-new-schedule.html