ARLA/CLUSTER: Testes durante a chuva de meteoritos das Perseidas em 28 MHz

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 9 de Agosto de 2013 - 12:51:02 WEST

 Perseids meteor scatter tests on 28 MHz

The Pereids meteor shower peaks this weekend and *Andy G0FTD* is now
carrying out some QRSS FSK/CW tests on 28,000,900 MHz

He writes:

I have a QRP (approx 200 mw) transmitter GPS locked on 28,000,900MHz that
will be operating until about August 14 whilst the Perseids meteor shower
is with us.

It transmits a simple QRSS FSK/CW signal with 6 second dots. Antenna is a
full wave quad loop at 10m AGL. This should provide an opportunity for
people to try meteor scatter reception. Of course, this doesn't stop the
signal being received via sporadic E or the F-layer, but QRP meteor scatter
tests are its prime objective.

Although the Perseids seem to be building up quite nicely now, the actual
peak is this weekend. I have been monitoring two useful website for meteor
detection that may also be of interest to readers :

1) http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/live.html
2) http://www.g4fui.net/meteors.html

If anyone has any sighting of the TX via any mode (even ground wave or
aircraft reflections!) then I'd be pleased to receive any reports.

*Andy G0FTD*
https://sites.google.com/site/g0ftdradio/home

Receiving QRSS
http://www.qsl.net/m0ayf/Receiving-QRSS.html