ARLA/CLUSTER: Satelite de estudantes indianos volta à vida

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 23 de Abril de 2013 - 13:47:19 WEST

Dead satellite comes alive

What was given up as dead, turned out to be alive!
The one that sprang a recent surprise was India's first IIT-made student
satellite, *Jugnu*, a product of the students and staff of IIT-Kanpur.

The *Times of India* reports that the three-kg student satellite was
launched on October 12, 2011, along with SRMSat of SRM University in
Chennai and VesselSat-1 of Luxembourg. The main satellite was the
Indo-French Megha-Tropiques

Speaking to TOI from Kanpur on Friday chief co-ordinator of Jugnu, NS Vyas,
said that the mission life of the satellite was one year. "We had stopped
tracking it. But when we came to know from the Nitte Amateur Satellite
Tracking Centre in Bengaluru that it was after all still alive we were
thrilled," he said.

Vyas said that while its signals were still strong, some of its internal
functions had, however, weakened.

Read the full Times of India article
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Dead-satellite-comes-alive/articleshow/19642509.cms

Our thanks to *Ganesh VU2TS* for spotting this item