ARLA/CLUSTER: 80º Aniversário da Practical Wireless Magazine

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 13 de Setembro de 2012 - 13:49:30 WEST

80th Anniversary of Practical Wireless Magazine - GB80PW on the air
Thursday September 13th

The GB80PW Special Event callsign is being aired each month until
December 2012 – but Thursday September 13th is a very special day as
it marks the actual 80th anniversary of the first publication of the
(then weekly) PW in September 1932.

The Editor Rob Mannion G3XFD will be operating the station from around
0930 local time from his home in Bournemouth with the help of Phil
Ciotti G3XBZ on this very special Thursday.

Rob will be opening the session and Phil will be joining in after
lunch. Both Phil and Rob will be concentrating on using 7MHz (40m)
s.s.b. during the morning and early afternoon. The operators are also
planning to operate on 14MHz (20m) s.s.b. during the late afternoon.
Rob is also hoping to be active on PSK31 on 3.5MHz (80m) in the
evening.

Rob adds,
Saturday September 15th see the normal monthly activation of GB80PW
and we are planning to be on the air between 0930 and approximatel
1500 hours (depending on band conditions) local time on 7MHz.
Phil G3XBZ and I hope to work as many stations as possible.

Regards to you all.

Rob G3XFD/EI5IW

Practical Wireless Magazine
www.pwpublishing.ltd.uk/