ARLA/CLUSTER: Acompanhar o trajecto de um radio-balão lançado do Reino Unido

Sexta-Feira, 30 de Novembro de 2012 - 11:57:12 WET

High Altitude Balloon Tracking

On Saturday the 1st of December, subject to weather conditions, Anthony Stirk M0UPU, Dave Akerman and Neil Barnes along with Lester Haines from the online technology news website www.theregister.co.uk<http://www.theregister.co.uk>  will be launching a number of 70cms RTTY based telemetry trackers under a meteorological balloon.

The flight has a number of objectives, primarily is to test the "SPEARS" board that will hopefully trigger a rocket motor eventually as part of The Register's LOHAN project (http://www.theregister.co.uk/Wrap/lohan/ ). Additionally we will be testing Iridium RockBlock (http://rockblock.rock7mobile.com ) based location tracker.

The launch and subsequent recovery (subject to 3G coverage) will be streamed live to http://www.batc.tv/streams/lohan  from about 10.00 onwards.

We invite people with suitable equipment to assist with remote tracking. Suitable means a radio receiver capable of receiving USB on 70cms. A full tracking guide is here : http://ukhas.org.uk/guides:tracking_guide

People with Funcubes/SDR's can use this first : http://ukhas.org.uk/guides:sdr_tracker . I would suggest people get this set up in advance (there is a launch on Friday if they want to practice) , any questions regarding it can be direct to our IRC channel on irc.freenode.net #highaltitude . A web client is here : http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=highaltitude

Payload frequencies and call signs :

$$TRUSS 434.225Mhz 100 baud RTTY 500 shift 7N2
$$ROLL 434.650Mhz 100 baud RTTY 450 shift 7N2
$$ROCK Iridium upload no RF TX
$$SPEARS 434.073Mhz 50 baud RTTY shift 500 8N1

The flight can be followed live here : http://www.spacenear.us/tracker