ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadores cubanos já podem operar em mais modos digitais

Quinta-Feira, 24 de Maio de 2012 - 13:57:10 WEST

Cuba's Radio Hams get new Digimodes

With great pleasure I inform to the world community of amateur radio that after a national debate and then follow the legal avenues has been approved by the department authorized by the goverment the use of new digital modes for all Cuban hams.

The last legislation only allowed us to work in PSK31, QPSK31, AMTOR, PACKET and RTTY.

We can now work in Domino Contestia, Olivia, MFSK, JT65, almost all variants of PSK (BPSK, QPSK, PSK-R) among others.

And more importantly, it has set up a mechanism to apply for new digimodes by any hams, I have asked already some who were not authorized, including WSPR, JT6M, HSMM, PACTOR II and III, FSK441, among others.

Another important step is that they have authorized access to the FRC's internal network using packet radio nodes, and have authorized the use of packet gateways in cross bands (HF / VHF, etc.)

Cuban radio amateurs are pleased with this approval that puts us on a par with colleagues anywhere in the world.

3 from CO7WT
CU on HF on Digimodes !!!