ARLA/CLUSTER: Grupo CB CT eXtreme DX Team com PMR446; Evento no Domingo de Páscoa no Reino Unido

Segunda-Feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2012 - 12:57:37 WET

Charlie Tango eXtreme DX Team PMR446 Easter Event 2012

The CT eXtreme DX Team and PMR446 are ideally suited - it's a band that uses lightweight kit and works much better from high ground, so for our very first team event, we're inviting everyone to head out and see what we can do.

There's been some considerable interest in the band on the forum and on-air recently and quite a number of us have been getting a bit of 446 rig fever and arming ourselves with a few radios.

So now's the chance to put them to some use and perhaps break a few records at the same time.

CT eXtreme PMR446 Event - Easter Sunday, 8th April, 12 Noon until 2pm - calling on Ch8 (no CTCSS)

We have no given right to any channel on PMR446, so Ch8 is recommended as a starting point - should it be occupied, please find a clear one. We recommend that all participating scan around the channels to find the contacts (there's only 8). Hopefully those with access to the Internet will spread the word via the CT Shout Box on the day.

This event will be open to everyone, whether they be CTX members, CT members, or anyone else interested in giving it a go. With 446 being a UHF band and very much benefiting from high ground and open country locations, this is one where effort really pays dividends. The CTX Team will be getting to some great locations for this one and no doubt many others will too. We'll be on the lookout for members who put a good effort with location and preparation, so you might well find an invite to join the CT eXtreme DX Team landing in your Inbox after this event.

For those only who are unable to, or don't fancy, hiking up hills for this one, then it's still worth giving it a go. Static mobile stations in good locations will work well, as will some homebase stations - these stations can do the hikers a great service by relaying info and keeping a listen out for emergency shouts.

As far as equipment is concerned, we're really looking for what can be achieved on standard legal 0.5w PMR446 equipment, but of course, we have no control on what people actually use on the day.

PMR446 is fantastic in as much as a tenner will buy a radio and it's far less susceptible to noise and atmospheric conditions than 27Mhz or other HF bands. The radios are very small/lightweight and would be an ideal start for anyone thinking of trying out some radio-trekking for the first time.

So there we go, prepare well, keep it safe, respect the countryside and enjoy what could be a ground-breaking event

For more information on this event or any other Charlie Tango event, please visit the Official CT Forum at www.charlietango.co.uk<http://www.charlietango.co.uk>