ARLA/CLUSTER: Esclarecimento sobre o " Diamond DXCC Challenge "

Quarta-Feira, 8 de Fevereiro de 2012 - 14:35:48 WET

Diamond DXCC Challenge

Some have noticed that the current operation from the entity Nauru (C21HA) can not be found on the 1937 ARRL Diamond DXCC entity list - that is because it is NOT there and will not count toward the award.

If you go to the bottom of the January 3, 2012, entity list for the Diamond DXCC Challenge Award, it states - "Note: The intent of this 75th anniversary award is to capture the essence and spirit of the first DXCC List with a fun operating activity that allows us to look back and appreciate the wonderful geography of Amateur Radio.

"We don't intend to try to fit every existing scrap of land into one of the 1937 entities. Some stations we work today will not count towards any entity from 1937. Nor do some of the places we have chosen to represent a certain entity fully match what existed in 1937."

The few glitches initially found were corrected on their January 3, 2012, list. It looks like anything after that will just be ignored. If you can't find it specifically on the January 3, 2012 list, it doesn't count, period.

Fonte: OPDX