ARLA/CLUSTER: T40IARU: Cuba via Satelite no proximo sábado 12 de Abril

Quinta-Feira, 19 de Abril de 2012 - 17:52:25 WEST

T40IARU Cuba on Satellites Saturday

Hector, CO6CBF, bring news of Cuba's first amateur radio satellite special event station T40IARU which will be on the air this Saturday, April 21

Cuba's recently founded amateur radio satellite group 'Grupo de Radioaficionados para Operaciones Satelitales' (GROS) held three successful activities last weekend commemorating the first human manned spaceflight by Yuri Gagarin, the inaugural launch of NASA's Space Shuttle and the 87th Anniversary of the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU)

This Saturday we will be activating for the very first time a special event station on satellites. We will continue celebrating the World Amateur Radio Day on the 87th Anniversary of the founding of the IARU.

As you know, this year's theme for the World Amateur Radio Day is Amateur Radio Satellites: Celebrating 50 Years in Space in remembrance the launching of OSCAR 1 on December 12, 1961 and the launch of OSCAR 2 on June 2, 1962.

We will be on Satellites during Saturday, April 21. The special call sign is T40IARU and tentative operation is from EL92, EL83 and FL11.

Please, QSL via CO2FRC (via direct)

73 & see you on the birds!

Hector, CO6CBF

GROS`s vice-coordinator