ARLA/CLUSTER: "Óscares da Academia" para 2012

Sexta-Feira, 25 de Novembro de 2011 - 13:02:25 WET

Dayton Hamvention seeks award nominations for 2012 awards

With great pleasure, the Hamvention leadership once again announces solicitations for nominations for the 2012 Dayton Hamvention Awards.

This prestigious award is the 'Academy Award' of our radio amateur avocation. For over a half century, Hamvention has been recognizing those that have given so much to the radio amateur community.

As in previous years, we are proud to honor three deserving individuals with the Technical Excellence, Special Achievement, and Amateur of the Year Awards. Recently, we added a fourth category - Club of the year. Please go to our web site and obtain the official nomination forms.

To be considered for any award the nominations must be submitted no later than January 15, 2012.

Nomination forms are on-line at:
http://hamvention.org/awards.php

Frank Beafore - WS8B
Dayton Hamvention Awards Chairman

2011 Hamvention® Award Winners
Amateur of the Year - Shirley Roberts, N8LX, has been involved with amateur radio, DARA and Dayton Hamvention® and other for over twenty years. She is also a member of the board of directors of the American Council of the Blind of Ohio. She is an active member of the American Council of the Blind Radio Amateurs and a member of QCWA. Additionally, she holds life memberships in the ARRL and Handihams.

Special Achievement - Fred L Lloyd, AA7BQ, our Special Achievement Award winner, Fred is best known as the founder of the website QRZ.COM.

Club of the Year - Our Club of the year award goes to The Albemarle Amateur Radio Club, Inc. This non-profit, organization is dedicated to the advancement of Amateur Radio and public service.

Technical Excellence - Our Technical Achievement Award winner is Roy W. Lewallen, W7EL. He is now best known for developing EZNEC antenna analysis software, powerful but very easy-to-use programs for modeling and analyzing nearly any kind of antenna.