ARLA/CLUSTER: Anuncio Oficial da 1º Dxpedition ao Sul do Sudão

Segunda-Feira, 21 de Fevereiro de 2011 - 13:19:22 WET

The Intrepid-DX Group and the DX Friends have assembled an outstanding team of amateur radio operators to activate the new country of Southern Sudan to take place on or after July 9th, 2011*.

The Intrepid-DX Group is the group which brought you the 2010 YI9PSE, IRAQ DXpedition. The DX Friends have brought you the 2006 S01R DXpedition to Western Sahara, the 2008 DXpedition to Rwanda as 9X0R, the 2009 DXpedition to Western Sahara as S04R, the 2010 DXpedition to Palestine as E4X and the 2010 DXpedition to San Marino as T70A.

The DX Friends and The Intrepid-DX Group continue to move forward in our planning with representatives of the new Southern Sudan Government and the ITU/IARU.

Our official website is now active at:
http://www.dxfriends.com/SouthernSudan2011

At this time, we are not seeking donations or support until we have an official operating permit/license in hand. We will provide an additional Press Release-Update at that time.
Thank you,

The Intrepid-DX Group and The DX Friends.
http://www.dxfriends.com/
http://www.intrepid-dx.com/

Look over the new Web page, the ST0 team is composed of the following operators:
Dave/K3LP (Co-Leader) Antonio/EA5RM (Co-Leader)
Paul/N6PSE (Co-Leader) Roberto/EA2RY Hrane/YT1AD Manolo/EA7AJR Krassy/K1LZ Jose/EA7KW Bob/N6OX Flo/F5CWU Jun/JH4RHF Bernard/F9IE Dmitri/RA9USU Fabrizio/IN3ZNR Al/K3VN Valery/UT7CR Bill/N2WB
Dave/AH6HY

The Pilots:
Chuck/AA6G - USA Pilot
Toshi/JA1ELY - JA Pilot
Col/MM0NDX - EU Pilot

*Southern Sudan is expected to become an independent country on 9 July 2011.

Southern Sudan, also known as South Sudan, is an autonomous region in the southern part of the Sudan, that will become an independent country on 9 July 2011. Juba is its capital city. It is bordered by Ethiopia to the east; Kenya, Uganda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the south; and the Central African Republic to the west.

A referendum on independence for Southern Sudan was held on 9–15 January 2011. Preliminary results released by the Southern Sudan Referendum Commission on 30 January 2011 indicate that 98% of voters selected the "separation" option, with 1% selecting "unity". The final results were announced on 7 February with 98.83% of the electorate opting for secession. The President of Sudan Omar al Bashir accepted the results and has issued a Republican Decree confirming the outcome of the referendum. Southern Sudan is expected to become an independent country on 9 July 2011.

Extracted from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Sudan