ARLA/CLUSTER: ARISSat-1, o primeiro sinal foi recebido por JR8LWY

Quinta-Feira, 4 de Agosto de 2011 - 13:09:12 WEST

Amateur Radio satellite ARISSat-1 deployed - signals received

The Amateur Radio satellite ARISSat-1 has been deployed from the ISS during EVA-29 on Wednesday, August 3  by Cosmonaut/ Flight Engineers Sergei Volkov and Alexander Samokutyaev.

First signals have been received by JR8LWY reporting copy of the telemetry beacon as the satellite passed over Japan.

Full operational capability of ARISSat-1/KEDR is still under evaluation pending performance evaluation of the UHF antenna.

Please submit your reception signal reports on amsat-bb and via the mission's e-mail boxes on http://www.amsat.org.

AMSAT President Barry Baines, WD4ASW, observed, "Welcome to a new era as AMSAT returns to space with ARISSat-1/KEDR.
I encourage all hams, SWLs, educators, and experimenters to enjoy the unique opportunity presented by this mission to learn about amateur radio in space, enhance and improve your station, and hone your operating skills as you try out all of this satellite's features."

Barry continues, "ARISSat-1/KEDR marks a new type of satellite  which has captured the attention of the national space agencies  around the world for the unique educational opportunity we have  been able to design, launch, and now operate. By designing an educational mission aligned with NASA's Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics goals amateur radio operators around the world can now enjoy a new satellite in orbit."

ARISSat-1/KEDR Project Manager, Gould Smith, WA4SXM said, "Dozens of amateur radio volunteers, AMSAT, ARRL, NASA, and Energia have teamed up for this successful mission to bring you the most unique and innovative amateur radio satellite mission flying 220 miles above your QTH at 17,500 mph! Congratulations to all who made ARISSat-1 successful!"

Continuing, Gould said, "ARRISat-1/KEDR has been developed, built, and tested by a remarkable team of radio amateurs. As the Project Manager for ARISSat-1/KEDR these past three years I have had the opportunity to work with these creative people to get to where we are now ... IN ORBIT!"

Congratulations to our ARISSat-1/KEDR team:

Tony Monteiro, AA2TX
Dave Jordan, AA4KN
Claire Fredlund
John Charais
Mark Steiner, K3MS
Jim Diggs, K4AHO
George Presley, K4RSV
Jim Johns, KA0IQT
Douglas Quagliana, KA2UPW
Phil Karn, KA9Q
Carol Jackson, KB3LKI
Dick Jansson, KD1K
Bob Davis, KF4KSS
Joe Armbruster, KJ4JIO
Joe Fitzgerald, KM1P
Chuck Green, N0ADI
Gilbert Mackall, N3RZN
Mark Severance, N5XWF
Kenneth Ransom, N5VHO
Bill Ress, N6GHZ
Steve Bible, N7HPR
Joe Julicher, N9WXU Jerry Zdenek, N9YTK
Bill Reed, NX5R
Sergey Samburov, RV3DR
Valery Pikkiev, RW3WW
Sergey Borodin
Tim Moffat
Lou McFadin, W5DID
Larry Brown, W7LB
Stan Wood, WA4NFY
Alan Biddle, WA4SCA
Gould Smith, WA4SXM
Graham Shirville, G3VZV
John Klingelhoeffer, WB4LNM
Barry Baines, WD4ASW
Bob Schwerdlin, WG9L
Carmine Fiorello, WK6C
Carl Zelich, AA4MI
Hank Sill, AC4ZI
Olon Henderson, AJ4HP
Garry Tuttle, N2EOX
Mike Welch, W1MNW

David Barber, G8OQW from Chelmsford in Essex, captured this image during the 01:20 utc pass over the UK.

He writes:
30dg Max elevation this pass but
a fairly good signal received.

1 SSTV image plus several audio messages received.

Two audio tlm as follows:
MET = 404 minutes
IHU Temp = +26C
Control Panel Temp = +22C
Battery Voltage = 33.09V
Battery Current = +391mA

MET = 406 minutes
IHU Temp = +26C
Control Panel Temp = +21C
Battery Voltage = 33.40V
Battery Current = +263mA

Local QRM obliterating the CW/Telemetry frequency.

>From the sound of the signal the satellite would appear to be tumbling slowly. Approx 6 seconds between nulls which can be seen on the SSTV image.

David, G8OQW