ARLA/CLUSTER: Software ROS uma referencia no Dx em digitais

Terça-Feira, 25 de Maio de 2010 - 12:57:34 WEST

[http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8H95bv7VHq0/S_JVGCUyEAI/AAAAAAAAADI/w8hj23ws1Z4/s400/ROS-2.JPG]
ROS Low Power DX

Some outstanding DX is being worked with very little power using the amateur radio digital data mode ROS.

In a post on the Digital Radio Yahoo group Graham G0NBD reports on an hour-long 40m contact with Cuba. Graham was running 20 watts to an end-fed vertical comprising 35 feet of 2 inch scaffold pole and the Cuban station, CO2DC, was initially running just 1 watt but then reduced it to 250 milliwatts.

Graham wrote:

1 Hour data QSO 2330>0030 GMT, G0NBD ~ CO2DC, dial set 7055 usb using ROS MF-7 the new 100 (98) Hz live QSO mode.

No longer can you blame QSB for getting the spelling wrong, this was a crazy QSO with 99% to 100% decode at each end due to QSB, one lost sync frame (by me) . and the full char set £$%^ etc !

The catch ? web-sdr ? big power ? no , just looks like the system works. My power 20 watts carrier, CO2DC, just 1 watt later reducing to 250 mW

Download the latest version of ROS from
http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/

To use ROS you just need your radio, a PC and a sound card interface.
Information on sound card Interfacing can be found at
http://www.southgatearc.org/articles/g0ftd/data_dummy_interface.htm
and
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/september2007/psk31_soundcard_interface.htm

Digital Radio Yahoo Group