ARLA/CLUSTER: DXpedições ao Vietname e Gronelândia nos Satélites de Amador

Segunda-Feira, 15 de Março de 2010 - 13:14:23 WET

[http://www2.canada.com/topics/travel/guides/maps/wg-vietnam-3693-400x300.gif][http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/fullMaps_Am.nsf/0/AD9870A1EE4079F085256A30005DE4AC/$File/Greenland.jpg?OpenElement]
Viet Nam DXpedition plans include ham radio satellite operation

The 3W6C-Team will activate Côn Có Island (AS-185) near Viet Nam on amateur radio satellites from April 10-18, 2010.

The crew use a FT-897 transceiver with homebrewed "Easysat" antenna for 2m and 70cm and a homebrewed 10m cross dipole for AO-7 Mode A.

The team plans to use AO-07*, AO-51*, HO-68*, SO-50, and SO-67. (*first priority on passes when the satellite team is available.)

AO-07 will be activated in SBB/CW-mode and ll other satellites will be in FM-mode.

The main areas in the footprint are: East-Asia, Japan, China, India, Australia and east part of Russia. If possible, the 3W6C-Team will use some DX-Windows to near East and west part of Russia.

The main-operator for Satellite will be Hans-Peter, HB9BXE. The satellite station will be operating in manual mode without automatic doppler correction or tracking.

On AO-7 expect him to search the his downlink frequency +/- 5KHz to establish contacts. If there is a pileup on the satellites please transmit only your callsign, signal strength and gridsquare.

All DXpedition crew members are primary shortwave operators. So please be patient if they have some difficulty with satellite operation.

For additional information and operating plan, please see the 3W6C Website: http://www.3w6c.qrv.ch<http://www.3w6c.qrv.ch/>.

Greenland on ham radio satellites

Reid, N0RC plans to operate on FM amateur radio satellites from Thule, Greenland (Grid FQ56) for one month starting March 23.

Reid describes his plans, "I will try to use satellites that uplink on VHF, because my transmissions on UHF would interfere with the BMEWS radar on base. I'll need to determine if BMEWS interferes with UHF downlink which will affect my satellite operation."

Reid's schedule will be as work/passes/weather permits. He plans to primarily operate the FM satellites due to equipment limitations.

He plans some HF operating in between passes. Look for OX3RC on the satellites and on HF starting March 23.

Reid concludes, "I cannot give a specific time of operation because my primary mission is work, and my work schedule is dependent on weather."

Since he will not have a set operating schedule Reid will
send out an email right before I go on the air for that time period.

Reid has setup an email list on Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/ox-thule-2010