ARLA/CLUSTER: Northern Australia AM Net: 7093 kHz dia 25 de Abril.

Quarta-Feira, 10 de Março de 2010 - 13:03:34 WET

[http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EldyK8zmW9o/Se3L7H2Dc2I/AAAAAAAACFU/MipXzTEUK1o/s400/ANZAC+DAY3.jpg][http://www.worldwidedx.com/members/misterfatty-albums-my-station-picture280-my-big-johnson-few-mods-audio-train-sweet-sounding-transmitter.jpg]
ANZAC Day equals AM

A patriotic group in Northern Australia is working to get as many Australian and New Zealand radio hams on the AM mode on ANZAC Day afternoon (April 25) as an amateur radio salute to the servicemen and women in the many conflicts.

AM was used with CW as a means of communication during WW2, Korea, Malaysia and even early Vietnam.

They have made contact with museum ships with a view to activating them and also have contacted the NZART.

Already the Townsville Amateur Radio Club intends running its Sunday night net the 25th APRIL on AM and a North Queensland afternoon net, 7.093 will be AM, that at 4pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.

(Email Address : vk4mike  yahoo.com.au<mailto:vk4mike  yahoo.com.au>)

(from wia.org.au<http://www.wia.org.au/> news service)