ARLA/CLUSTER: Como operar no Reino Unido aquando das suas férias.

Segunda-Feira, 28 de Junho de 2010 - 11:59:06 WEST

Can I operate in the UK under my current amateur radio licence?

Yes, especially if you are making a short visit to the UK, say for a holiday or similar, and you hold a licence issued by a country that has implemented CEPT Recommendation T/R 61-01. You need to find out if the class of your home licence is recognised as a CEPT Radio Amateur Licence. If you are uncertain about this, you can find out by contacting  your home licensing administration and by visiting the European Radiocommunications Office (ERO) website.

Where can I find out about CEPT T/R 61-01?

The text of T/R 61-01 is available at
http://www.ero.dk/documentation/docs/doc98/official/pdf/TR6101.PDF
Appendix 2 contains the information on national licence equivalence.

If you are planning a long stay in the UK you will need to use the reciprocal licensing arrangements – see later.

What licence conditions must I obey?

Under CEPT T/R 61-01, the CEPT Radio Amateur Licence, you must operate in accordance with the Terms, Conditions and Limitations of the UK Full Class Licence, which are availalable from Ofcom

What documentation do I need to carry when operating in the UK?

You must carry your home licence which must be in English and show that it is equivalent to a CEPT Radio Amateur Licence. Also you need to have  a copy of the current UK Amateur Radio Licence Terms, Conditions and Limitations, available as mentioned above.

How should I identify when operating in the UK?

You should use the UK prefix 'M' and any secondary locator if any, then a forward slash,‘/’, followed by your home callsign.. Thus an amateur from the Netherlands holding the callsign PA2MIL would identify in England as M/PA2MIL and an Austrian amateur holding the callsign OE7PBK would identify in Wales as MW/OE7PBK. A full list of secondary locators is given in 2(2) of the UK Amateur Radio Licence Terms, Conditions and Limitations.

How long can I operate in the UK?

T/R 61-01 is intended to cover temporary stays, for up to 3 months. For longer stays, amateurs from CEPT Administrations which have adopted T/R 61-02, can apply to Ofcom for a Full UK licence. You will need to complete a normal Amateur Radio Licence application form and to provide the following:

Normal Licence fee.
Harmonised Amateur Radio Examination Certificate (HAREC) from a country which has implemented CEPT T/R 61-02.

Can I operate the station of a UK radio amateur?

Yes, with the permission of the UK licensee. You may operate his equipment under your own licence, using your own callsign prefixed as described above, as if it were your own station, or you may operate under the direct supervision of the UK licensee and under his licence using the UK licensee's callsign.

Where can I get the latest UK Repeater information

Please visit the Repeater Management Committee's website for up to date listings of UK repeaters.

Reciprocal licences - who will still need these?

Licensed amateurs from countries which have not implemented CEPT Recommendation T/R 61-01 or T/R 61-02 will still need to obtain a temporary UK licence from Ofcom, at the fee applicable to Amateur Radio Licences at the time. Such licences are issued on the strength of their home licence if a reciprocal agreement has been entered into between the UK and the government of their country under which we recognise each other's qualifications.

For how long are temporary reciprocal licences valid?

If the visitor is unable to provide a UK address (that is, he will be operating mobile) or where the length of stay is under six months, his temporary UK licence will be valid for up to six months. This licence is not renewable. Where the foreign radio amateur becomes resident in the UK, or is a regular visitor with a permanent contact address in the UK, a Full UK licence (and callsign) may be issued on the basis of a reciprocal arrangement.

Further information

For enquiries regarding UK amateur radio licences please contact Ofcom who regulates radio in the UK.

Ofcom Licensing Centre
PO BOX 56373
London
SE1 9SZ
Tel: 020 7981 3131
Email: licensingcentre  ofcom.org.uk
Website: www.ofcom.org.uk/licensing

Disclaimer
Whilst every effort was made to ensure that the information given herein is accurate, no responsibility is accepted by RSGB, or the author for any errors, omissions or misleading statements in that information by negligence or otherwise, and no responsibility is accepted in regard to any subsequent action based on this note.

Fonte: Radio Society of Great Britain.