ARLA/CLUSTER: 100 anos de radioamadorismo na Austrália comemorados nos 23 cm.

Segunda-Feira, 28 de Junho de 2010 - 11:49:08 WEST

[http://www.wia.org.au/newsevents/centenary/qslcard/images/image_1_hires.jpg]
VK100WIA on 23cm EME

The Special Event Callsign VK100WIA will be activated on 23cm (1296 MHz) moon bounce on July 4-6.

As part of the Wireless Institute of Australia's centenary celebrations, The special event callsign of VK100WIA will be in use. Special event QSL cards will be sent to all amateurs that have a QSO with VK100WIA.

The Orange and District Amateur Radio Club will be using this callsign on 23cm EME from Dave - VK2JDS's QTH QF46pv between 4th and 6th July 2010. This is obviously a very limited activation of this unique callsign.

We would like to encourage all stations able to operate EME to try and work the station.

Operation will be in CW and JT65C modes with spots on the HB9Q logger and the usual dx clusters when active. Please note that due to the callsign length limitations in WSJT65C, we will be able to use VK100WIA when CQ'ing, but during the actual QSO we will use vkCwia (with C being the roman numeral for 100).

If you would like to arrange a sked, please contact me via moon-net or direct to my email address vk2jds  hotmail.com<mailto:vk2jds  hotmail.com>. We will be active roughly from moon rise to moon set UTC 4th, 5th and 6th July 2010.

For further information please lookup
http://www.wia.org.au/newsevents/centenary/
about/index.php

On behalf of the Orange and District Amateur Radio Club http://www.odarc.org/