ARLA/CLUSTER: WRC-12 pode condenar as Sociedades Históricas de Rádio Marítimas.

Terça-Feira, 10 de Agosto de 2010 - 16:52:28 WEST

[http://radiomarine.org/images/vss.gif] [http://radiomarine.org/images/vss.gif]  [http://radiomarine.org/images/vss.gif]  [http://radiomarine.org/images/vss.gif]
Maritime Radio Historical Society needs your help

I'm an avid supporter of the Maritime Radio Historical Society (MRHS) in California.

The MRHS have restored the old RCA America receiving and transmitting stations in honour and continuation of the Morse and RTTY Maritime service. They have a license for station KSM and the transmitters are activated every Saturday and on special occasions. They can often be heard in the UK on 12MHz band.

I've visited the TX and RX stations and their work and dedication is truly impressive.

Given the almost complete lack of historical activity of this kind in the UK and most other countries, I think their activities are of World Class importance.

They are calling for help as proposed changes in WRC-12 would make digital data dominant in the maritime service to such an extent that KSM and other historic stations could be forced off the air.

Public comments in support of KSM are needed

But Time is short - the deadline for comments in 13 August 2010

Richard Dillman, the Chief Operator of Coast Station KSM at the Maritime Radio Historical Society writes:

Every few years an international radio conference is held. The next is the World Radio Conference 2012 (WRC-12).
The FCC is the US representative to these conferences.

For WRC-12 the FCC proposes to support recommendations that would make digital data dominant in the maritime service to such an extent that KSM and other stations could be forced off the air.

Here's what you can do:

In a Public Notice the FCC has solicited comments from the public regarding the recommendations to be supported at WRC-12. You can file a comment on line to recommend that KSM and other stations using A1A (Morse code) and NBDP (Narrow Band Direct Printing or RTTY) be allowed to continue operation.

Time is short!

The deadline for filing comments is 13 August 2010.

If you'd like to help keep KSM on the air, follow these steps:

1. Read the FCC Public Notice HERE:
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-10-1408A1.doc

2. Read the comments the MRHS has filed with the FCC HERE: http://ddillman.home.igc.org/Radiomarine/Comment.doc

3. File your comment on line in support of KSM. You can do this by uploading a prepared document like the comments the MRHS has filed. Or you can use an on-line form to file brief comments.

The proceeding number is 04-286. To file a prepared document go HERE: http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=lg4h3

To file a brief comment go HERE: http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/hotdocket/list?z=g4v1a

If proceeding number 04-286 is not listed click on the "click here" option to add it.

Suggested text:

If you wish to upload a prepared document like the comments the MRHS has filed we've provided suggested template for your use. Add your own name and address and modify the text to include your own words as needed. The template may be found HERE:
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/hotdocket/list?z=g4v1a

If you wish to file a brief comment you might use wording similar to this:

"My name is xxx xxxx. I'm writing to support the comments filed by the Maritime Radio Historical Society (MRHS) regarding WRC-12. Specifically, I agree with the MRHS position that the FCC should not support those portions of the recommendations for WRC-12 that would adversely effect MRHS station KSM and other stations in the maritime service."

Full information may also be found on our Web site: http://www.radiomarine.org<http://www.radiomarine.org/>

Thanks and VY 73,

RD

Please do what you can to help!