ARLA/CLUSTER: Reporte final de KP4AO sobre o memorável EME 2010

Quarta-Feira, 21 de Abril de 2010 - 13:04:28 WEST

[http://www.n3mra.com/nm%20wp3r.jpg][http://www.qrz.com/hampages/a/4/np4a/NP4A-2.jpg][http://www.ok2kkw.com/00000104/qsl/wp4g.jpg]
[http://www.naic.edu/~angel/kp4ao/pics/antena04b.jpg][http://lh6.ggpht.com/_leJUMG6LgWU/S0OJ9PSCQWI/AAAAAAAABbk/PlUzWML23BQ/s160/aa6eg_EOA_23cm.jpg][http://www.sm2cew.com/HF04k1jt.jpg]
KP4AO Arecibo Report

Joe Taylor K1JT has provided a report on the memorable KP4AO amateur radio moon bounce operation from the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico.

He writes

I'm home again, but not yet unpacked and re-organized...

Many thanks to all stations we worked from KP4AO -- and our apologies to the many more who called without completing a QSO. The Arecibo telescope's short moon windows were frustrating for all, ourselves included.

The "wall" of stations calling was simply incredible. A rough estimate suggests that we may have worked something like 20% of the callers potentially workable on SSB, 10% of those workable on CW, and only a few percent of those workable on JT65. I guess we'll have todo it again, in due  course...

>From memory: our log shows nearly 240 completed QSOs with some 57 DXCC entities, in a total of 8 operating hours. Later, when I have the log in front of me and get caught up at home, I'll be able to report breakdowns of SSB, CW, and JT65B QSOs and say something about the QSO rates in each mode.

We made recordings of the whole 432 MHz EME sub-band for for most of the time KP4AO was on the air. In due course it will be possible to "tune the band" carefully, many times, picking out callsigns. If/when this is done, I'll be happy to post a list of received callsigns.

Here's a request for all:

1. If you worked us with a setup significantly smaller than is normally required for EME, please send me a short note describing your antenna, receiver, and Tx power.

2. If you copied us with a small setup, please send me details on your antenna and receiver.

I know we worked and were heard by some pretty small setups, and I'd like to document some of them for a write-up in QST.

Many thanks, and see you on the moon!

73, Joe, K1JT

Members of the Arecibo Observatory Amateur Radio Club who constructed and operated the KP4AO station for this event:
Angel, WP3R
Pedro, NP4A
Angel, WP4G
Jim, WA3FET
Joe, K1JT
Additional guest operator: Pat, Joe, K1JT

Moon-net Email Reflector
http://www.nlsa.com/nets/moon-net-help.html

WSJT by K1JT
http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/