ARLA/CLUSTER: Contactos em 500 kHz com 1mW.

Segunda-Feira, 14 de Dezembro de 2009 - 17:22:59 WET

[http://bp0.blogger.com/_Ot1q36B9jzs/SIRjZN2GvZI/AAAAAAAAAIg/e7l7MZdIiNY/S220/rogwales.jpg][http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/radiotalk/odd-AS-1.jpg]
500kHz 1mW QRP gets to Norway

Roger G3XBM in Cambridge runs just 1 milliwatt ERP on 500 kHz using WSPR and his signal has now been received in Norway by LA9BEA, 836 km away.

On his blog Roger writes:

Last night (Friday Dec 11), a couple of LA stations were listening on 500kHz WSPR. Neither had heard my 1mW QRP signal by 2300z, so I left the station running through the night.

At 0418z (Saturday Dec 12) LA9BEA heard my signal at -28dB S/N in JO29 square some 836kms to the north east of me. This is now my 8th country, and 49th station, to log me on the band.

On the GQRP list he comments:

I can't begin to explain how much fun this ultra-simple approach to 500kHz has been: simple, small, antenna + tiny ferrite rod ATU + a small and simple transverter.

If anyone's interested, there's a photo of the latest version of my QRP 500kHz transverter, with the schematic, on my website towards the bottom of the page.
See http://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp/Home/500k

Roger G3XBM Blog
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/

Roger's QRP Website