ARLA/CLUSTER: LIDL SW Radio for Local Oscillator to heterodyne.

Terça-Feira, 7 de Abril de 2009 - 17:07:03 WEST

[http://www.lidl.co.uk/C1256C790050C7BC/images/GB.09_42120/$file/09_42120_b.jpg]
LIDL SW Radio for Local Oscillator

Lidl are selling an 8-band radio - FM, MW and 6 short wave bands.

I'm hoping for one for my birthday today!

TIP: To resolve CW, no need to fit a BFO! Just buy another radio, place it immediately underneath and tune it to the reception frequency of the first radio plus 465 kHz. The Local Oscillator of the second radio will then heterodyne with the incoming CW.

I have used this successfully to hear 40m CW with the Superdrug radios in Kiev and the countryside in Bulgaria.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/
c.o.20090406.p.8_Band_World_Receiver.ar3

Andy, G0SFJ