ARLA/CLUSTER: Fwd: Re: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] ID-800H - Video Comparison with 2820

Segunda-Feira, 22 de Dezembro de 2008 - 17:12:55 WET

--- In dstar_digital  yahoogroups.com, Gary Pearce KN4AQ <kn4aq  ...>
wrote:

At 09:46 AM 12/18/2008, dd1gv  ... wrote:

>Hello all
>I am interested in a ICOM ID-800H to use it with D-Star .. can
anyone tell me
>little more about this rig, cause in Germany it is not available
from icom ..
>Best wishes,
>Vajk / DD1GV

Take a look at my YouTube video "D-STAR Programming" (Part 1 and
2).  Part
2 includes the ID-800.  http://www.youtube.com/user/KN4AQ

I see the replies in this thread so far have been all pro-ID-800. I
have
both and I prefer the 2820 by far, both because it is a two-bands-at-
once
radio, and because it is MUCH easier to program manually. (You'll
want
software to program either radio extensively).

But there is no question that the 2820 is much more expensive.
Worth
it?  To me, yes.

I'd also like to invite you to check out the other D-STAR related
video on
my web site:  www.ARVideoNews.com.

And there are Yahoo Groups dedicated to each D-STAR radio you might
want to
join.  D-STAR has a fairly steep, but short, initial learning curve.
It's
worth getting over the hump quickly.

73,
Gary KN4AQ