ARLA/CLUSTER: 4865 HCJB?...maybe; Polisario Front 6458.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Sexta-Feira, 5 de Janeiro de 2007 - 23:11:45 WET

Glenn,

4865 UNID
I tried IRRS 5775 a while ago, but no signal.  I don't think this UNID has
anything to do w/ it.

Also tried HCJB 12040 as you suggested, but it's barely audible mixed w/
noise, and so is
4865 though a tiny bit better here: mainly man-made QRN, that's what it is
up here in the capital.

Acc. to the WRTH '07, they use 6050, 6080, 9745, 12040 & 21455 at the time I
compile this msg., so maybe 4865 stems from a combination of any of those.

And, I'm sorry for suggesting it might be some harmonic of 9730, which, of
course, is the other way round, meaning it would be an external mixing spur
instead, and, as we all know, they're most likely to occur amongst the
freqs. used simultaneaously by the same site.

So, if really emanating from the Pifo site, no wonder I was getting best
rec. via the 300 m SoAm Beverage.

Since this was first obs'ed several weeks ago, it's likely to be that way
until I DX from the SW coast QTH again, so if no one comes w/ a sound
explanation, maybe I can unveil it within a week.

Plattdeutsch / Hochdeutsch, I forgot this, Glenn.   All the little I can
remember about regards the written form.   Now that you suggested this, I'm
feeling curious about the subject, and shall try to actually hear it!   But
why do they use "Plattdeutsch"?   Maybe Wolfgang could explain.

6458 Polisario Front is fair albeit slightly fluttery as I write, but a lot
better than when signed on this late afternoon / early evening, or like they
were in the morning because of the uty. stn QRM, which, BTW, was quite
audible long after they s/off this morning, so most probably not too distant
from my location.

At 2302, they started the Castilian prgr, w/ no fq ann being aired.

73,
Carlos.