ARLA/CLUSTER: DX material: MW update - Portugal

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Quinta-Feira, 4 de Janeiro de 2007 - 15:15:34 WET

Dear Wolfgang,

I finally made up my mind about enquiring the station once again, and it
seems I was lucky this time...read on.

PORTUGAL
It seems this
" 783 kHz R.Nacional, Avanca 100 kW (t), 1517-..., 31 Dec 06, silent carrier
probably for testing prior to a much delayed start (scheduled for Summer
2006!), S9+5 dB via the 145 degr. CeAfr Beverage, QRM de POR Canidelo 10 kW
(but the tx is in a mess).  Now, I can't reall actually state this was
Avanca, but at that time, that strong, that bearing, it should be Avanca
testing again.  (Carlos Gonçalves - POR) "

is not confirmed after all.   Acc. to the stn (I had to call the northern
office in Porto which is where the techn. dpt. is located), the launch of
the Avanca site was again postponed due to extensive operations re. sister
stn R.Club (Português), which may resume MW or stay as it is, i.e. on VHF-FM
only.

So, if that is correct, what on earth was the strong carrier on 783 at that
time - surely not E or MTN.   It was noted other times too.

R.Nacional 1035 kHz 100 kW Belmonte
This was also discussed: it's said to be at just half the nominal power, and
they regret that so many technical problems is causing this site to be off
the air so often.
(Carlos Gonçalves - POR)

73,
Carlos.