ARLA/CLUSTER: Polisario Front.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Quarta-Feira, 27 de Setembro de 2006 - 22:22:17 WEST

G'd evening all!

AOE* / W.Sahara / ALGERIA / CLANDESTINE... pick the heading that suits you
best, hi!

The Polisario Font seemed to have again changed its prgrs, viz. the 2nd
day's b/cast, at 1700-000, today started w/ Arabic rather than w/ the one hr
Castilian prgr, which may better suit the audience in neighbouring Spain
should it be pushed to 2300-0000.

Manuel Méndez in Lugo, Galicia, Spain, has just reported to me reception up
there on 1550 kHz is poor while good on new 7425 (ex-7460).

Down here, 1550 kHz prevails as my favourite outlet though 7425 is putting a
formidable signal too mornings / early evening after which it becomes
gradually weaker & fluttery as darkness sets it, which means we here must be
in the skip zone for some time.   Night time reception of 7425 is even worse
when I DX from Algarve's west coast.

More on the Castilian prgr schedule after this evening's observation, i.e.
if it wasn't again dropped.

*) Is AOE (standing for Africa Occidental Espaõnla as Wolfgang Büschel once
suggested?) an official ITU country code?    And I wonder why many still
refer to them as the "R. Nacional de la RASD" when we all know no such
country exists, at least for time being.

73,
Carlos.