ARLA/CLUSTER: QRM nos 41 m.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Sábado, 7 de Outubro de 2006 - 23:02:40 WEST

P/ conhecimento.
73.
Carlos Gonçalves.
____________________
DX LISTENING DIGEST 6-149, October 6, 2006
Incorporating REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING
 edited by Glenn Hauser, http://www.worldofradio.com
(...)

** NEW ZEALAND. I wonder why the ham community are not making a stink
about 10+ kHz of the 40m band being wiped out by RNZI`s DRM on 7145,
as noted around 1130 Oct 4. Hams can cope better with AM broadcasts
sharing the band, running SSB a few kHz on the side, or even zero-
beating if the AM is weak enough, but they can forget about making any
use of 7140 thru 7150 while this is on. Seems to me this is just as
big a threat, if not more so than Firedrake jamming Sound of Hope.
They should insist that RNZI move this stuff out of the hamband. There
was also a complaint about this from Europe in 6-144 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)
(...)