ARLA/CLUSTER : Rádio Comercial/R.Club Português: 1035 & 783 kHz.

Carlos L.R. de A.Gonçalves carlos-relvas sapo.pt
Quarta-Feira, 10 de Maio de 2006 - 18:26:43 WEST

PORTUGAL
Report on R.Club Português via R.Comercial MW txs.

783 kHz 100 kW new site at Avanca (munic. of Estarreja), ex-Canidelo 10 kW.
This THALES tx, also DRM capable, is expected to be on the air by the
next Summer, if the already delayed installation process runs as expected.

The town of Estarreja is some 50 km southwards to the former tx site of
Canidelo, which in turn is close to what we call "the northern capital",
i.e. Porto.    For home coverage purposes, I estimate the new location is a
lot more adequate than the old one, which is still being used, but acc. to
the stn explanation, the criteria was mostly upon availability of space
required for such an installation.

The flat land around and the distance to the ocean will hopefully make this
new tx a TA DX target... while also turning reception of co-ch Mauritania
50 kW somewhat tough, hi!    Let's see what my K9AYs can do about
that.

1035 kHz 100 kW Belmonte (Benavente municipality) is off for quite a number
of days due to a major problem, and the stn is awaiting spares from the
Swiss manufacturer THALES.   The antenna is a 120 m tower.    As reported
by me months ago, this new site, albeit a short distance from the old one
at Porto Alto,  commenced serviced back in mid Spring, 2005.

Acc. do the stn owner, the group doesn't intend to reactivate the other
assigned freqs., at least in the next future: 9 sites using 558 (1), 828
(5) and 1170 kHz (3).   I believe the stn still have the txs, but not the
the places where to install them in the assigned locations.

73,
Carlos.