ARLA/CLUSTER : [HFpack] Island Hopping /PM Photos KQ6XA/PM; WB6MLC/PM; KB6BA/PM

Carlos Fonseca - CT1GFQ ct1gfqgrupos gmail.com
Domingo, 6 de Agosto de 2006 - 21:01:24 WEST

Aconcelho a verem para alem do site a lerem o texto...

Here is a new website page with photos of our HFpacking island hopping
adventure yesterday. Click here:
http://www.hflink.com/kq6xa/

Oliver KB6BA/PM was trying out his new Vertex VX-1210.
Ken WB6MLC/PM was the big gun with his FT-857 and huge whip.
I wore my usual covert backpack with VX-1210 and whip.

We all shared a common linear amplifier... made of salt water!

After we had walked a few miles, Ken noticed that he lost his Palm
Paddle, which was magnetic mounted on his radio, so we re-traced our
entire hike looking for it among the seashells and marsh weeds. We
finally found it back at the trailhead next to the car, laying in the
ice plant (Mesembryanthemum crystallinum).
:)

But Ken made up for all that by treating us to a nice dinner at a
local restaurant, as we shared wild stories and more plans for HFpack
events in the future.

It was great fun hiking the salt marsh trail and the beach on the
island, while working so many other HFpack stations on 5MHz,
7MHz, 10MHz, 14MHz, and 18MHz.

I hope you enjoy the photos as much as we enjoyed the wonderful
California weather, super scenery, and fresh air.

http://www.hflink.com/kq6xa/

73---Bonnie KQ6XA

.