ARLA/CLUSTER: Austrália aproxima-se da banda dos 60m (5 MHz) segundo as normas da WRC-15

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 19 de Maio de 2020 - 13:54:57 WEST

Australia moves closer to getting WRC-15 60m (5 MHz) band

*WIA* reports the ACMA has released a public consultation titled Possible
use of the 5351.5–5366.5 kHz band by the amateur service

Recently released on the ACMA website for public comment, the ACMA is
currently seeking feedback on amateur access to the 5 MHz band in
Australia. This is excellent news from our friends at ACMA given the amount
of hams globally who will be chasing Australia for confirmation on 60m but
with 15W EIRP, the DX will be challenging.

It is also an excellent band choice for general low power experimentation
with even new digital modes like WSPR, FT8 etc and for inter continental
communications around Australia and our close neighbours when 80m and 40m
may be unsuitable that 60m is the better solution, especially for outback
and remote emergency communications.

Read the WIA story Is 60m Within Our Grasp?
https://www.wia.org.au/newsevents/news/2020/20200514-1/index.php

ACMA Public Consultation on an Amateur Radio 5 MHz (60m) band is at
https://acma.gov.au/consultations/2020-05/possible-use-53515-53665-khz-band-amateur-service-consultation-132020