ARLA/CLUSTER: Informação adicional sobre o novo Beacon EI1KNH em 40,013 MHz na Irlanda

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 12 de Maio de 2020 - 12:24:44 WEST

Additional information on the new 40 MHz beacon in Ireland

In a previous news item, we were able to announce that the new 8-metre
beacon in Ireland is now on air. We now have more details about its
operation.

The new *EI1KNH* beacon operates on a frequency of 40.013 MHz and is only
the second operational amateur 8-metre beacon in the world. It runs 20
watts into a converted CB vertical antenna on an elevated site about 20 kms
to the south of Dublin. While it is blocked somewhat by local mountains to
the west, the take off towards the UK and Europe is excellent.

The beacon went on air on the 9th of May 2020 and it was reported just two
days later on the 11th by a station in the south-east of France in a
Sporadic-E opening.

In the same Sporadic-E opening, EI stations successfully completed 40 MHz
to 50 MHz crossband contacts with stations in Austria and Germany.

It is hoped that the new beacon will generate more interest around Europe
for those wishing to carry out tests on this new VHF band.

More details about the beacon can be found here...
https://ei7gl.blogspot.com/2020/05/new-irish-40-mhz-beacon-now-operational.html