ARLA/CLUSTER: Feira de Tóquio 2020 foi cancelada

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 21 de Julho de 2020 - 13:41:33 WEST

Tokyo Ham Fair cancelled

The JARL has announced the largest amateur radio event in the world, the *Tokyo
Ham Fair*, due to to held Oct 31 - Nov 1 has been cancelled due to
Coronavirus

The Tokyo Ham Fair was first held in 1977 at Harumi Fairgrounds which was
located in Harumi, Tokyo, and has been held annually ever since. In 1996,
the venue was changed to Tokyo Big Sight, which is located in Ariake,
Tokyo. From 1999 to 2001, the venue was Pacifico Yokohama, located in
Yokohama, Kanagawa prefecture with the event returning to the Tokyo Big
Sight in 2002.

In 2019, 42,000 people are reported to have visited the event which usually
takes place in August. For 2020 it was planned for Oct 31-Nov 1 because of
the expected Olympic and Paralympic Games during the summer.

A translation of the JARL announcement reads:

*A meeting was held on July 16 to discuss whether or not to hold the
"Amateur Radio Festival Ham Fair 2020", in light of the Coronavirus
outbreak.Even if measures were taken to ensure safety in accordance with
the Government and Tokyo's infection prevention measures and the
"Guidelines for Preventing New CoronaVirus Infection at Exhibitions, etc."
published by the Tokyo Big Sight, it was difficult for visitors and
exhibitors to prevent and ensure the safety of new coronavirus infections,
and it was concluded that the Ham Fair should be canceled.We are very sorry
to announce that we have decided to cancel the Ham Fair 2020.The timing of
the next fiscal year will be postponed due to the postponement of the
Olympic and Paralympic Games, but we will inform you as soon as the
schedule and venue are decided.Thank you for your continued
cooperation.Japan Amateur Radio FederationChair Yoshinori Takao JG1KTC*

JARL Announcement
https://www.jarl.org/Japanese/1_Tanoshimo/1-3_Ham-Fair/2020/Ham-Fair_c.htm

2019 FB News Tokyo Ham Fair https://www.fbnews.jp/201911/ww04/