ARLA/CLUSTER: Lunar landing EME SSTV party on 23 cm at PI9CAM

Miguel Pelicano miguel.pelicano gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 14 de Julho de 2020 - 11:49:21 WEST

Hi all,

First of all I hope you are all doing well in those extraordinary viral
times….

Because of the virus the Dwingeloo dish has been completely closed for
several months

But since a few weeks we are opening up again in a very small and cautious
way.

In 2019 we celebrated 50 years moonlanding.

Because of that we had an event at our dish with all kind of special
activities.

One of the activities was doing SSTV via the moon.

We could only do it on the exact date 50 years later and EME conditions
were not very good last year.

Nevertheless we saw many stations joining the SSTV party and we were
surprised to see what is possible even with small dishes!

Because of that we would like to try and make it an annual EME SSTV party.

We would like to have the lunar landing EME SSTV party this year on *Sunday
July 26.*

Moon conditions will be better than last year. The moon is not very high in
the northern hemisphere but much closer than last year so we expect
stronger signals and better images.

We will transmit several lunar landing and space related images on *1296.110
MHz*

We will use SSTV *mode MARTIN 2.*

SSTV software used here is *MMSSTV.*

We are curious to see and hear from you what results you get.

Of course a bigger antenna is better but we have had some surprisingly good
SSTV reports in the past from moderate dish stations.

Even with a 2.5 or 3 m dish you should be able to see some distinguishable
images.

We also encourage you to try sending some SSTV images yourself and see what
the results will be.

We will be on the HB9Q logger to coordinate.

We will start shortly after our moonrise and we will stay active depending
on activity.

We hope to see many images off the moon!

73!

Jan

PA3FXB (team PI9CAM)

25 m radio telescope Dwingeloo