ARLA/CLUSTER: Licenças temporárias estendidas para estações de rádio que transmitem serviços relacionados com a Covid-19 no Reino Unido

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 8 de Julho de 2020 - 14:39:13 WEST

Temporary licences extended for radio stations broadcasting Covid-19
services

Radio stations providing news and information about the coronavirus
pandemic to local communities will remain on air, after *Ofcom* confirmed
it will extend their temporary licences.

Ofcom introduced a new “short-term restricted service licence†product at
the start of lockdown. The licences were awarded to stations to broadcast
temporarily during the pandemic.

In consultation with the licence-holders, we are extending the term of
their licences to 5 September 2020. New applications for Temporary Covid-19
radio licences are also being accepted.

Update on licensing process for drive-in events

We are also giving notice that organisers of drive-in events that are due
to be held on or after 5 September 2020 must submit their application at
least 60 days in advance. We will continue to process applications for
drive-in events due to take place before that date as quickly as possible.
More information is available
<https://ofcom.cmail20.com/t/i-l-xkldduy-wklhtkyut-r/>.