ARLA/CLUSTER: Escalada em alto nível (vários kW) na guerra da radio entre Rússia e Ucrânia

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 8 de Julho de 2020 - 13:48:26 WEST

IARUMS: Russian-Ukrainian radio war is remaining on a high escalation level

The new newsletter of the *IARU Monitoring System* (aka 'Intruder Watch')
has just been published.

The most frequently reported intruders on the exclusive amateur radio
service bands were in conjunction with the "Russian-Ukrainian radio war"
(see below) as well as the daily emissions from the Russian OTHR (Over the
Horizon Radar) "Contayner".

"The Russian-Ukrainian radio war remained on a high escalation level in
June. Almost every day we heard the massive spiteful and provocative
broadcasts", said *Peter Jost, HB9CET*, IARUMS R1 Coordinator a.I. "In June
they used more frequencies than before, affecting our bands very hard. It
is a great annoyance and a big shame!"

The IARU Monitoring System (Intruder watch) has little opportunity to stop
this radio war itself. Only national authorities can hopefully do something
against with international complaints. It is very important and very
helpful that many other member societies also observe these frequencies and
making complaints to their regulators! "We have to coordinate this well
within IARU and act together. This is the only way we have a certain
power", said Peter, HB9CET.

73
*Tom DF5JL*
IARU Region 1 HF Manager