ARLA/CLUSTER: Clube americano de radioamadores impõe Distancia Social aos seus Membros em todos os eventos onde participem em nome do clube

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 3 de Julho de 2020 - 17:09:16 WEST

Social distancing the norm for Ramona ham radio club

Ramona Sentinel reports for years, Ramona radio amateurs have been meeting
each other, sharing aspects of their daily lives, and participating in
large events—usually with physical distancing well in place

That’s because the operators, also known as “hams,†operate on handheld or
mobile radios. These radios are different from the widely known citizen
band, or “CB†radios, that anyone can purchase and talk on, because ham
radio operators must be licensed.

As president of the Ramona Outback Amateur Radio Society (ROARS),* Steve
Stipp KK6AHB* says COVID 19 has caused the club to make some changes, but
it hasn’t slowed them down.

“We have about 75 members,†Stipp explains, “and we hold our meetings over
the radio now instead of in person.â€

The virus has also caused one of their biggest yearly events to change.

Read the full story at
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ramona-sentinel/news/story/2020-07-01/social-distancing-the-norm-for-ramona-ham-radio-club

What is Amateur Radio?
http://www.essexham.co.uk/what-is-amateur-radio

Free UK amateur radio online training courses
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2020/april/online-training-for-amateur-radio.htm